Sunday, October 15, 2006

OpenCourseWare

While speaking with my mother this evening, I joked that during the next two years I may get my Master of Public Administration (MPA) or Master of Public Health (MPH) degree without paying any educational institutions a dime. What I meant at the time was that there's so much information available in books, on the Internet, and by talking to people, that although I likely will not pursue another degree, I can gain still become knowledgeable on subjects that are important to me through self-directed learning.

Shortly after our conversation, I recalled reading about MIT OpenCourseWare a few years ago, a project of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology to make course content available online for free. I did a little research and learned that the OpenCourseWare movement has expanded and now includes a global consortium of universities and other organizations who are publishing their course content to the world for free.

Below are some free online courses that look interesting to me:

No comments: