Sunday, December 03, 2006

Playing Hooky

I'm sick today and am therefore not at church. However, I'm using the time to read in the Bible. I have a goal to finish the New Testament by the end of the year, and I'm behind schedule.

I came across a couple scriptures in 2 Corinthians that very much apply to the topics I explore on my blog:

2 Corinthians 8: 9
For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

2 Corinthians 9: 7
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

2 Cor 8:9 reaffirms two ideas to me: (1) spiritual wealth is more important than material wealth, and (2) if we are to be like Christ, we must sacrifice to help others.

2 Cor 9:7 tells me that it is not enough to give; we must give for the right reasons.

No comments: