Monday, February 05, 2007

My Heroes Coming to Colorado

I found out today that two of my heroes -- Dr. Paul Farmer and John Wood -- will be coming to Colorado's Front Range (Denver-Boulder) within the next 1-1/2 months.

I'm bummed that I most likely will not be able to attend Dr. Farmer's event, for which the details are below:

Dr. Paul Farmer
Friday, February 9, 2007
2:30 – 4:00 pm
Denver Athletic Club
1325 Glenarm Place
Denver, CO
Reception following

Work is crazy right now, and I don't think I can get away for the event. However, my wife will be attending and I'm sure will give me a full lowdown.

Details of John Wood's visit are not finalized yet, but it will likely be the evening of Wednesday, March 14. I'll share details when they become available. If others in the Denver-Boulder area are interested in becoming involved with the newly formed Rockies Chapter of Room to Read, check us out at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RTR_Rockies/

No comments: