Thursday, April 05, 2007

Room to Read Given 4 Stars by Charity Navigator

Several months ago I analyzed Room to Read's financial efficiency and strength using my best efforts to match Charity Navigator's methodology, since at the time Charity Navigator did not rate Room to Read. I contacted Charity Navigator and told them that according to my calculations, Room to Read would earn a strong 4-Star rating, the highest rating possible. At the time, they told me they would be unable to add Room to Read to their database. But I'm glad to see Room to Read is now in Charity Navigator's database, with the coveted 4-Star rating. And it turns out my predicted score of 66.6 was exactly right, so I can have more confidence in the future if I need to estimate an unofficial score for a charity not listed by Charity Navigator.

No comments: