Happy New Year! I hope you had a few days off for the holidays and that you enjoyed them as much as I did.
Here are a few interesting articles I found recently:
- The World's Top Microfinance Institutions (Forbes) - Top 50 list includes 3 Unitus partners. Click here to read Unitus' press release about the list.
- Profit and Poverty: Why It Matters (Forbes)
- Water Filters Save Cambodians (KI Media) - Features IDE
- The Benevolent Middlemen (CNN) - Features Kiva, misspelled as Kiya several times in the article
- Top Ten Philanthropy Buzzwords of 2007 (Huffington Post)
I particularly liked a quote in the CNN article from Kiva founder Matt Flannery, who says he and his partners are "not looking to make a lot of money, retire and give it away. We're looking to live our whole life in an integrated way. It's not a binary approach."