Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Once Acre Fund Update


I recently received an update on May 2009 to October 2009 highlights from One Acre Fund, one of the four organizations I recognized as 2009 Riches For Good Award winners.

A few key highlights:


  • Grew program size from 8,000 farm families to 12,000 farm families, serving more than 48,000 children

  • Had seventh harvest, increasing take-home farm income by 100% per acre, with 98% of farmers repaying program fees

  • Covered 45% of field costs through farmer repayments, up from 35% six months ago, which will continue to go up over time

The full report, and other performance reports from prior six-month periods, can be found by clicking here.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Hey Ryan-
Good to see you are supporting One Acre funds. Is it possible that "great minds give alike?" ;-)
I recently posted on all my charitable gifts for 2009. Are you going to update your list soon?
Pau
www.bopreneur.blogspot.com

Ryan Gunderson said...

Good to hear from you, Paul. Yes, the 2009 Riches For Good Award Winners (Living Goods, Room to Read, Unitus, and One Acre Fund) were the organizations that I strategically selected to fund in 2009. I also pay a full-tithe (10% of my salary) to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and gave comparatively smaller donations to causes driven by work or friends.

I enjoyed your post on the topic. I'll have to check out Vittana and Ayllu.