Wednesday, October 27, 2010

If you could share 200 words with the world...

I have long been interested in languages and cultures, and somewhat recently I came up with the crazy idea that I would love to speak the world's 10 most common languages so I could communicate with over half the world's population. Obviously that's an ambitious goal, so to start more modestly I thought "what would be of greatest value for me to say in those 10 languages?"

So here's the question - if you could share 200 words with the world, what would they be? Here's what I came up with:

I believe that as sons and daughters of God, all humans have unlimited potential. When we choose to pursue our own interests instead of God's, we fall short of our God-given potential. However, through Jesus Christ we can overcome our imperfections and turn our weaknesses into strengths. Jesus lived a perfect life by putting God's will before His own, and He sacrificed His life for each of us. To fully benefit from Christ’s sacrifice, we must have faith in Him, repent of our sins, be baptized by someone with God's priesthood authority, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and keep His commandments. If we do these things, our reward will be never-ending happiness with God, our Father in Heaven. Although the journey to return to live with our Father in Heaven may seem difficult at times, prophets and the Holy Spirit will guide us, and God will never allow us to face challenges greater than we are capable of handling. I pray that after this life, we will celebrate together for the choices we made that led to our eternal joy. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

If you have expertise in another language and would like to help me with translation and pronunciation, please let me know!

No comments: